When is roof ventilation required? We believe every home needs roof ventilation all year round because the benefits for you, the customer, are priceless.
What are the benefits that you receive from an effective roof ventilation system and we reiterate the word effective? The fundamentals for a roofspace ventilation system are for a cooler home in summer and a drier roofspace all year round. However, what does this mean? By allowing the ambient temperature to circulate your roofspace this will remove the overheated stale air of the roofspace and replace it with fresh air, in the summer months and during the winter and long periods of rain will keep your roofspace dry and clear from moisture.
WHAT WILL YOU, THE CUSTOMER BENEFIT FROM EFFECTIVE ROOF VENTILATION
- During summer your home will be markedly cooler.
- Your roofing materials will not be susceptible to moisture damage from condensation problems and thermal creep due to excessive heat in the roofspace.
- you and your family will be able to sleep due to a cooler roofspace not radiating heat down into the living areas.
- If you have air conditioning, you will save on energy costs due to it turning off because it is no longer needed to stop heat radiating from the roofspace. You will also not need it during the evening hours.
- If you don’t have air conditioning, you will have a great night’s sleep during the summer months.
- Mould will also be alleviated from the roofspace due to moisture saturated insulation from condensation problems, alleviating ongoing SBS (Sick Building Syndrome) which can be exacerbated due to roofspace moisture i.e. – fungal mould can contribute to or exacerbate respiratory problems – asthma and many other respiratory problems bronchitis, nervous, muscular etc.
SO, THE ANSWER TO THE QUESTION – WHEN IS ROOF VENTILATION REQUIRED?
We believe there is an absolute need for the end user of a home, it is also mandatory for a builder to supply ventilation or to have all fans through the roof to be ducted out of the roof. So, the answer to the question when is roof ventilation required? We say 24/7 365 days a year, you can see why on these following blogs –
http://universaltileventilators.com.au/index.php/products/read-this-before-you-design-your-next-house http://universaltileventilators.com.au/index.php/blog/item/138-thermal-creep http://universaltileventilators.com.au/index.php/blog/item/41-very-happy-customer